Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Husbands, I know you're out there

I'm not home every night but now with school done for the semester I'm able to be home more often. You think that would be something my entire family would be happy with.

Well... Aidan is happy because he knows I'm always up for a good wrestling session. His excitement is palpable.

Naphtali? Not so much. Not even a palpitation when I step through the door.

There's the understandable, "You should be home more often." Well tonight I'm home and what happens? She's in the kitchen cooking something (as always) and I come in to say hi along with a few pullups in the kitchen (the guy photos need to be updated and I don't have those handy elbow straps).



I'm a demonstrative guy and typically take the opportunity to cozy up while her hands are full of batter. Tonight did I do that? No, I was merely standing in the middle of the kitchen resting from my last set of pull ups when Naphtali said, "Don't!"

Sure I was standing behind her and perhaps she thought I might go for some passionate embrace or something but that's not at all what I had in mind (at THAT precise moment. I was actually looking at a cookie at THAT precise moment).

So I don't win when I'm away and I don't win I'm home. I know there must be husbands who experience the same challenges. I'm starting a support group called H.U.R.T. (Husbands Under Ridiculous T) Its late and I know I'll find a 'T' word that fits later.

Now, I'm off to bed wondering how I can be the best possible husband.

2 comments:

ilona said...

Trials?? Trepidations?? Tsarinas?? Termagants??

BlogWithinABlog said...

Exactly!