Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pullup Routine

Naphtali hasn't been providing the necessary inflammatory statements to get me to respond so I thought I'd add a few posts about being a dad.

I remember when I first started dating Naphtali that I said I was looking forward to evenings talking and stretching together. Yes, stretching. I was laughed at by both Naphtali and her mom. Here is a great example of how partner stretching works. Very beneficial and instead I live with constantly tight hamstrings. Oh woe is me!

I don't think Naphtali has shown the faithful readers the ONE thing (outside my messy office which seems to be a blogging pastime for her) I have outside of that office. For those husbands with a wife like Naphtali you'll fully understand. I gave up long ago with ever thinking I'd own any part of this house.

That one thing is THIS

[Not sure if Naphtali has ever explained the interior graffiti we have in our house. If not, I'll leave it to her]

My very own door gym as displayed by a female model in a previous post. Well tonight [or whenever you're reading this AWESOME blog] you are in for a treat with two male models! [Naphtali's hunka hunka burnin' loves]


You'll notice some cards at the end of the shelf. I try to get through the deck of cards in a month doing pullups for the number shown. I've never made it through the whole year and so this year I've made it my goal [no, this is not a new year's resolution!] to complete the deck every month. I've also reduced the burden slightly by making the face cards only 10 pullups where they used to be 11,12,13. Yes I Can!

I also have added motivation due to the little guy wanting to do it with me. We get all excited to see what the next card is going to be. I do my pullups and then Aidan gets on with a little assistance from me. I'm already winded from doing mine and the 'assistance' I do is essentially another set of shoulder exercises.

Aidan is of course ready to do 4-5 cards in a row while daddy is bent over catching his wind.




So all this to say that I expect to have a stretching partner very soon. I love that boy!

2 comments:

ilona said...

the idea that you would have a stretching partner in naphtali still makes me laugh. but i am glad to se you including aidan in the fitness pursuits. more posts about the 2 of you, please.

christa said...

i can't believe naphtali won't do the partner stretching! i just watched the video and now i feel like i need to have my hamstrings stretched! poor james.