Monday, October 20, 2008

Being Called Dad

I have to say that when Aidan took to calling me "James" I had a hard time with it. There is no one else in this world that can call me that and I guess I kinda like him calling me "dad"

It doesn't help things when a particular mom (names not released to protect the guilty) snickers each time he calls me "James!"

Thankfully the phase has passed (for now) and I was even offered some kisses without solicitation!

Jamesie is also a guilty mom's generated name for me. Do I as a loving husband respond with retaliation? No.

I love you honey... :)

3 comments:

On Second Street said...

he calls you Jamesie b/c YOUR MOM calls you that. you better get your facts straight.

BlogWithinABlog said...

That is where it originated BUT who is the one who said, "Call him Jamsie and see how he reacts."

Hmmm??? Yes, that's right.

ilona said...

i love these exchanges....
aidan does have a delightfully clear, piercing voice and the idea of the sound of 'jamsie!' floating across an open space does my heart good.